IRCC News release – July 15, 2021, Ottawa –
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has just announced that a new Open Work Permit application will be available, beginning July 26, 2021, for all those who have recently applied for Permanent Residence through the “TR to PR Pathway” introduced last April for students and essential workers. For all those whose work permits are expiring soon, this is great news!
To qualify for this one-time open work permit, the applicants must show that they:
- have successfully submitted an application under one of the new permanent residence pathway’s streams
- held a valid work permit, or were authorized to work without a work permit, at the time their permanent residence application was submitted
- hold a valid work permit that is set to expire within the next 4 months
- have temporary resident status, maintained status or are eligible to restore their status at the time their open work permit application is submitted
- are in Canada at the time their open work permit application is submitted
- were employed in any occupation at the time their permanent residence application was submitted
- meet the language requirements of the stream under which they applied at the time their permanent residence application was submitted
If you require assistance with your application or have questions about this program we can assist you.
Please book a consultation to start the immigration process.
Source: IRCC News release