Embarking on an immigration journey is a significant and often complex undertaking. Whether you are seeking information on visas, residency or  citizenship requirements, having a reliable guide can make all the difference.

In our ongoing commitment to providing valuable resources, we have gathered a collection of the most relevant links to aid you on your immigration adventure.

Got questions? No worries – we have got answers! If anything pops into your mind or if you are feeling a bit puzzled along your immigration journey, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re just a message away and super ready to assist.

Your curiosity is always welcome here.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Find out what immigration programs you can apply for, sponsor your family and use a representative:

Provincial Nominee Programs

The provincial nominee program (PNP) is for workers who

  • have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
  • want to live in that province or territory
  • want to become permanent residents of Canada

Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements:

Nunavut and Quebec do not have provincial nominee programs.

Language tests

To be eligible for certain programs, you must prove your English or French language ability:

  • take an approved language test
  • get the minimum results required by your program
  • include the results when you complete your profile (i.e. Express Entry, PNP, etc.)

The language test evaluates these abilities:

  • writing
  • reading
  • listening
  • speaking

Your test results must be valid (less than 2 years old) when you:

  • complete your Express Entry profile or Provincial Nominee Program profile
  • apply for permanent residence

The language tests accepted by the government are:

Helpful link:

Educational credential assessment

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. There are different types of ECAs. You need to get an ECA for immigration purposes. If you got another type of ECA, you may be able to get it re-issued, depending on the type of ECA and/or issuing organization.

You must include your ECA report and the reference number in your Express Entry profile and/or Provincial Nominee Program profile, if required.

Please that that you don’t need an assessment for a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate.

You must get your assessment from an organization or a professional body designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. They will give you a report that tells you what your education is equal to in Canada. Below you will find the list of designated organizations:

Designated professional bodies for Specialist and Family doctors:

You must get an ECA report for your primary medical diploma from the Medical Council of Canada if your primary occupation is:

  • specialist in clinical and laboratory medicine (NOC code 31100)
  • specialist in surgery (NOC code 31101)
  • general practitioner or family physician (NOC code 31102)

Designated professional bodies for Pharmacists:

The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for pharmacists designated on January 6, 2014) must do your assessment if

  • your primary occupation is pharmacist (NOC code 31120)
  • you need a license to practise

For example, you would need a license if you were caring for patients in a:

  • community pharmacy
  • hospital pharmacy
  • long-term care facility
  • other practice settings

We strongly recommend to check the employment requirement section of your assigned NOC Code.

National Occupational Classification (NOC)

The National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the national reference for occupations in Canada.

It provides a systematic classification structure that categorizes the entire range of occupational activity in Canada for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating occupational data for labour market information and employment-related program administration.

Occupational information is of critical importance for the provision of labour market and career intelligence, skills development, occupational forecasting, labour supply and demand analysis, employment equity, and numerous other programs and services.

You can search the NOC to find where an occupation is classified or to learn about its main duties, educational requirements or other useful information:

Medical exam

You may need a medical exam if you want to come to Canada. This is to make sure you are not inadmissible for medical reasons.

You must find a panel physician approved by the government to do medical exams.

Police certificates

A police certificate is a statement that you don’t have a criminal record or, if you have one, a copy of your criminal record. They help the government confirm if there are any reasons you may be inadmissible to Canada.

Police certificates are different in each country and territory. They may be called:

  • police clearance certificates
  • good conduct certificates
  • judicial record extracts or
  • other names

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send the police certificate along with a translation from a certified translator.

You and any family member 18 or older may need to get a police certificate, depending on the program you are applying to.

We strongly recommend reviewing the guidelines of the program you will apply to before requesting a police check.

In most cases, you must contact the police or government to ask for a certificate. You may have to:

  • provide information or documents, such as photographs, fingerprints, or your addresses and dates that you lived in the country or territory, and
  • pay a fee

The following link will provide you with more details per country.

Relevant link:


We understand you need assurance that we know what we’re doing, take a look at some of the client testimonials, and rest assured that you are in the right hands


Here at Perez McKenzie Immigration, we take great pride in what we do. Our passion is to care and serve others, and we feel privileged to have been helping people come and stay in Canada for 15 years.

Our close-knit, multicultural team has first-hand experience in diverse immigration pathways, where expertise is complemented by understanding our clients’ desires, and even beyond, by empathy.

Our process is simple, straight and tailored to each individual.

Do you  have questions about your immigration plans?

Do you  have questions about your immigration plans?

Do you have 1-3 simple questions regarding your case? 

Do you have 1-3 simple questions regarding your case? 

Do you have your application ready for submission?

Do you have your application ready for submission?


Do you need help to book a consultation?  Fill out this form to get in touch with our team.

    Thank you to the communities that support our business such as:

    Abbotsford, Burnaby, Campbell River, Castlegar, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Kootenay, Okanagan, Fernie, Peace River, Kamloops, Kelowna, Langley, Maple Ridge, Mission, Nanaimo, Nelson, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Penticton, Pitt Meadows, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Pemberton, Powell River, Revelstoke, Richmond, Rossland, Surrey, Squamish, Trail, Vancouver, Vernon, Victoria, Whistler, White Rock, Alberta, Calgary, Edmonton, Whitehorse, Ontario and Saskatchewan.


    Suite 1900
    1030 West Georgia St.
    Vancouver, BC
    V6E 2Y3


    Westin Hotel
    4090 Whistler Way,
    Level 1 Suite 123,
    Whistler, BC V8E 1J3


    Box 388
    Fernie, BC


    Live abroad or far from our offices?